In 7 steps, effortlessly increase the performance and reach of your ZEEF page(s).
Five weeks ago, curator game-development.zeef.com/ellison.leao created his page on ZEEF.com. Within these five weeks, he already managed to gather 19,000 views with almost 15,000 clicks, and has been shared by hundreds.
What is the key in generating traffic? And how can every ZEEF curator build up a similar reach of views, clicks and shares?
On Friday 31st October 2014, our curator managers sat together and organized a workshop on how to improve ZEEF page(s) and exchanged a variety of ideas on what makes a good page. After much discussion and sharing of tips and tricks, we compiled a 7 step guide sharing, improving and ultimately optimizing ZEEF pages – that we now share with you; we value each and every curator, and by sharing our guide to best practice we hope to improve each and every curator’s page performance.
1 Create a good page
- Choose one subject per page and use a short topic description/(link) title as shown in the blocks on the page above.
- Fill in 5 to 15 blocks and indicate rank or popularity of your list
- Next to your personal page, create as many quality subject pages as you want
- List your social connections
- Use personalized and/or subject pictures
Determining one single subject makes your page not only easier to find but also provides clarity on the main topic. It must directly answer the question on what your page is about. Make sure that topics have short description as well as link titles.
The page quality and rating will rise when filled in with 5 to 15 blocks with links. Even more if you pay attention to the rank or popularity of your list. Make sure to add all of your social connections, let peers know of your existence and viewers where to find you. Directly on top of your page you will find your social connections share submit buttons and with just one click share and spread the word.
2 Use the share submit buttons
- The circled share button in the screenshot here above, is used to submit sharing your block with links directly.
- The share panel here below shows social media submit buttons to share your entire page on social media channels.
3 Start your social share
- Send e-mails to your followers/friends.
- Create a concise message title / header and in then inform why he/she would like your ZEEF page (and ask for suggestions!)
- Promote on social media, forums and blogs with custom link and anchor text (back links to display other webpages that link to your posts).
- Post replies on relevant blogs, comment in your field of interest/industry and add your ZEEF page link.
- Use group networks and forums in need of answers. Often the reporter or requester will credit the blogger by adding a link to your page.
4 Community share
- Reach out to companies’ links you have listed in your block, by sending notifications informing your recommendation with your ZEEF page URL
- Actively participate on online forums replying to questions and redirecting to your page for information and answers.
- Social media is all about online interactive communication, connect to your interest groups.
5 Share your page updates
- When you curate new links, images and/or add new blocks, share your page updates.
- Always link to your social media account.
- Add your page on LinkedIn directly under your profile and publication.
- Connect with LinkedIn Groups, share the page link, or notify with new updates.
6 Promotion by ZEEF
- Features on ZEEF.org and the ZEEF newsletter if desired.
- To highlight the story of the curator, and discover their passions, interests and areas of knowledge.
- Social Media coverage.
- ZEEF | We filter the world’s information – by Human Intelligence – Curators are experts and specialists in their fields of interest.
7 Use ZEEF Widgets
- ZEEF widgets are a block of links created by curators on ZEEF.com. The widget is used for advertising by embedding it to a website or blog. The ZEEF widget is always updated when the expert changes the link block on his ZEEF page (e.g. optimizing the link titles).
- Click here for more information; “Getting started Zeef Widgets“. The image as shown here below is a live widget a block with links referring to other widgets (hoover your cursor over the widget to use and try).
The secret to gain successful page performance and presence is to keep your content up to date and promote continuously. Sending a tweet or posting once is just that – it is ‘a moment’, a winning streak however, is easily sharing your page and linking it to other content sources and platforms. You will spread your page reach and simultaneously establish your online presence. Follow our “7 steps guide sharing your ZEEF page” and share your experience. We look forward to receiving your comments with best practice, advice or tips.